Sicily has a longstanding tradition in the cultivation of citrus fruits.
The Siracusa Lemon (PGI) is especially known for its:
- highest quality essential oils;
- medium-large size;
- good colour and fine grain of the skin;
- very high juice and citric acid content;
- high production capacity;
- well-developed supply chain-selecting, processing, trade support and logistics.
There are 4 main harvests, each with its own characteristics. Fruit eligible for Siracusa Lemon (PGI) status must be marketed as fresh fruit in the categories Extra and Prime. The eligible sizes are: 3, 4 and 5.
Search our members database for producers and processors.